Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits

From: Mathias . Picker
Subject: Re: gnustep compared to other toolkits
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:34:31 +0200 (CEST)

I'm emphatically opposed to these ideas!

There are more than enough windows look-alikes, no reaseon to make
gnustep into another one.

The ui has a clean, simple design. the menu system protected nextstep
against the toolbar-ism of many other guis. Read any solid usability
paper, icons can be very good if you have 5 to 8, but if you need more,
use text.

Also, the idea of just leaving the document window on screen if another
app has the input focus gives me more screen space. I would be _glad_ if
my now cluttered "desktop" had some of the cleanliness my nextstep one
had. Why would I need to see the menu of some application I'm not
using??

Just my two bits.

/Mathias