Fw: Re: PNG icons no way!

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Fw: Re: PNG icons no way!
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:20:39 -0700

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:30:00 +0100 (BST)
Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
> Yep - I suppose this is sort of a FAQ - I paste in an old answer -
> "Make sure you have built PNG images support into GNUstep - you just
> need to install the WindowMaker libwraster library (version >= 2.0)
> before configuring and compiling GNUstep (GNUstep uses libwraster to
> read (and write) PNG images)."

Yes and No.
I stumbled upon the same problem with CVS from Friday night, although
Window Maker 0.65.0 is installed and GNUstep does find (and include)
-lwraster.

I've made some tests with the CVS from last night and reinstalled both,
Window Maker and GNUstep, with different configurations.

If Window Maker is _not_ installed at all, GNUstep silently ignores
PNGs and uses common_Tile.tiff as application icon.

If Window Maker _is_ installed, either with or without being linked
against Hermes, you will get that error message.

--
Chris