A new discussion anyone? Amillenialism

From: lgw1
Subject: A new discussion anyone? Amillenialism
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:32:20 -0600

It's been a while gentlemen.

I have been doing some studying about the believer's responsibility towards government; especially from the passages of 1 Peter 2:13-18 and Romans 13:1-7.  One of the things that influences our paradigm is what we believe about the millenium of Christ's reign taught in the book of Revelation.  I understand pre-millenialism because that is where I stand.  I have a fair understanding of post-millenialism and how it's interpretation influences one's paradigm, but I don't about the amillenialist.  I know it's one of the tenets of reformed theology, but that is the extent of it.

Why does the amillenialist believe what he does, and how does that affect his ministry, his worldview, and make him different from the premillenialist?

Larry