Re: testing for GCC 3.0

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: testing for GCC 3.0
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 07:34:18 +0200

Some additional info:

When I exclude the example build and do a make install and then get on
with libPropList I get during ./configure:
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}...
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

yes
checking for working aclocal... found

Something goes wrong here... anybody any ideas ?

Dennis

I used a CVS checkout 7 june 2001 from gcc and a CVS checkout from
GNUstep
from the same date.

> Hints: you will need `--enable-threads' `--enable-languages=objc',
> `--enable-shared' when configuring gcc.  Once you have installed GCC 3.0,
> you need to add the path of libgcc_s.so (something like /opt/gcc/lib/) to
> ld.so.conf, and run ldconfig.

I also had to add the path to libobjc to my ld.so.conf ( on my system
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.0) otherwise configure
wouldn't
find the right objc library.

base went alright, gui gives me the following error:
Making all for svc example...

GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

make[3]: *** [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
make[2]: *** [example.build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [example.all.svc.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/core/gui/Tools'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Dennis