Re: iconv...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: iconv...
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:38:33 -0700

On Wed, 30 May 2001 11:48:02 -0500
James Fletemeyer <jrmeyer@warwick.net> wrote:
> I have discovered that my problem stems
> from not having an existing ~/GNUstep/.GNUstepDefaults.
> I had compiled and installed the snapshots as root and not
> used WindowMaker as root. The official releases of GNUstep
> seem to handle creating this file but the snapshots do not at
> least from 5/17 on. This does not seem to shed any light
> though on the problem Chris has.

When I reinstall GNUstep, I remove my (regular user) ~/GNUstep directory,
before I start gdomap. When I log in via xdm, gdnc and gpbs get started
and a new ~/GNUstep/.GNUstepDefaults will be created, as expected.

However, if I use any window manager (with exception of Window Maker),
the content of ~/GNUstep/.GNUstepDefaults is

{ }

(yes, on one line).

After logging off, removing ~/GNUstep and logging in again, this time
using Window Maker, ~/GNUstep/.GNUstepDefaults will be created again,
but the content is

{
    NSGlobalDomain = {
    };
    gdnc = {
    };
}

And it's certainly not created by wmaker.inst

--
Chris