Re: iconv...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: iconv...
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:25:10 -0700

On Wed, 23 May 2001 22:01:44 -0600
Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
> "Chris B. Vetter" wrote:
> > > Do I still need to include giconv.h if I have libgiconv?
> > Yes, libgiconv installs /usr/local/include/giconv.h - to avoid
> > confusion with libiconv (w/o "G"), which installs
> > /usr/local/include/iconv.h.
> OK. Unicode.m now includes giconv if we're using libgiconv. Please let
> me know if that works.

Yes, it compiles smoothly (CVS check out, last Friday; FreeBSD-4.3;
gcc 2.95.3; libxml2 and -lgiconv).

However, is it just me, my setup, or does libgnustep-xgps only work
properly on Window Maker?
I've tried several applications, eg Gorm and GWorkspace, and they all
seg-fault'd if started with any window manager I've tried, except
Window Maker (0.65.0, installed from Ports).
There, they work fine, as long as you don't close windows using ESC. In
that case, all windows, including the menu(s) will minimize...

libgnustep-xdps works fine on all window managers (but looks kinda ugly).

Oh, I'm not sure if it's important or needed, but neither configure, for
xgps and xdps, seems to "find" X11/extensions/XShm.h, though it does exist
and is supported by X11.

--
Chris