Sign of life and other signs...

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Sign of life and other signs...
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 21:06:00 +0200

Hello everybody and good evening,

as some of you wondered what happened to me and since I finally found some time
to write this email, well .... that's why you can read all this now...;-)

First, I am fine, I was just away, travelling where no man has gone
before...;-) This is the main reason why I did not write anything to this list,
I guess. Second, I have a new job which does (unfortunately) not let me a lot
of spare time - this is not too bad though, since it is a great job...;-)

"And now to something completely different..."

As I have said, my spare time is from now on very limited, there won't be
enough time for me to work on everything I'd like to. Thus I have decided to
focus my engagement - quality still comes before quantity! To make it short,
the small apps and tools I started to work on won't be heavily modified in the
next time. Of course, if sb sends me patches, I will include them and make them
available through new, minor releases.
As for ProjectCenter, I am desperately looking for somebody who would like to
become the new tech lead of the project. It really needs some redesign, cleanup
(did I say some?....uhm), a lot of new features and so on... I do not even now
if it still works using the latest GS sources. This does not mean that I won't
touch the sources from now on, but .... you know what I mean.
I for myself will concentrate on the GNU 3DKit for the moment. I do not know if
there is somebody really using it out there nor if it is really usable right
now, at all. But it's definitly my way to go. Going together with that I am
proud to announce the new home for the 3DKit which is at

        http://www.3dkit.org

This site should be much more stable...;-)

I hope this is not too bad news (for some of you) - and always remember: always
look at the (b)right side of life!

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.nice.ch/~phip/