Re: Building GNUstep on SuSE 7.0 PPC

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep on SuSE 7.0 PPC
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:25:02 +0200

> of pass-through arguments... no checking use of fake-main definition... no
> checking for ffi.h... (cached) no checking for forwarding callback in
> runtime... yes checking for callback.h... (cached) no checking FFI library
> usage... none configure: warning: No ffcall interface library found
> GNUstep requires the ffcall library to do invocations and DO Make sure this
> library is installed (see installation instructions) Otherwise DO will not be
> compatible with other systems checking for xml-config... (cached)
> /usr/bin/xml-config checking for libxml - version >= 2.2.3... no *** Could
> not run libxml test program, checking why... Checking for OpenSSL checking
> for openssl/ssl.h... (cached) no

This says you are missing a couple of librariers.
You don't have ffcall, libxml and ssl.

> d-L/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps
> -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/powerpc/linux-gnu -lgnustep-base -lobjc -ldl
> -lm /usr/lib/crt1.o(.rodata+0x4): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld
> returned 1 exit status make[3]: ***
> [shared_obj/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/gdnc] Error 1 make[2]: ***
> [gdnc.build] Error 2 make[1]: *** [gdnc.all.tool.variables] Error 2 make[1]:
> Leaving directory `/usr/src/GNUstep/gnustep-base-0.9.4/Tools' make: ***
> [internal-all] Error 2 saturn:/usr/src/GNUstep/gnustep-base-0.9.4 #

I'm not sure about this one, but it seems another compiler error. I haven't had
the time to test gcc 2.95.3. I know compilers older then 2.95.2 give problems
and snapshots of the gcc 3.0 give problems, so it might be related to that.
These compiler tests where done on an Intel platform so I have do idea how they
relate to the PPC.
Do you have the time to test it with gcc 2.95.2 ?

> I have installed gnustep-objc-0.9.3. I am unfortunately too much a newbie in
> GNUstep to understand the above error message. What does that mean? Has
> anybody successfully built GNUstep on SuSE 7.0 PPC?

It isn't much, but maybe something to help you in the right direction.

Dennis