GNUstep equivalent to the "open" tool.

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: GNUstep equivalent to the "open" tool.
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:37:50 -0800 (PST)

All,

Under OPENSTEP4.2 and MOSX an applications supported extensions
are added to the "suffixes" database when the application is docked.
Since WindowMaker is being used to dock our applications how should we
provide similar functionality under GNUstep?

For this to happen, WindowMaker will need to know when a GNUstep application
is being docked and examine the NSExtensions entry in Info-gnustep.plist.  It
will then insert the extensions into the GNUstep equivalent of the suffixes
file which will be used by both the fileviewer application and the open tool.

An additional point to consider is that, in OPENSTEP, the extensions an app
can handle are defined in Project Builder and stored in the PB.project file.
These are pulled out at compile time and put into the Info-nextstep.plist
file.   Should Project Center do the same, or should it, to be more general,
add these to the <AppName>Info.plist file?   I'm not sure if it does this
already since I haven't looked at it in a while.

Just some thoughts.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento