Can we avert a flamewar? ... was Re: Why intergrate with WindowMaker's

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Can we avert a flamewar? ... was Re: Why intergrate with WindowMaker's dock?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 07:21:25 +0000

I can feel a risk of another GNUstep/X/Windowmanager/WindowMaker flamewar (or
at leaast heated discussion) coming on.

Can we nip it in the bud?

I feel this is rather my fault for emailing incautiously.  My discussion with
Dan should probably
have been private ... two people developing in very different software
environments trying
to understand each other ... I think that various comments probably come across
as more
critical or worrying than they should and get blown up out of proportion, and
it's particularly
difficult for third parties to realise that we aren't really arguing.

Certainly, there is no philosophical debate going on about the direction of
GNUstep etc.
Perhaps we can just leave it at that?