Re: AppIcon patch revisited

From: Dan Pascu
Subject: Re: AppIcon patch revisited
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 05:38:12 +0200 (EET)

On  9 Feb, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> --- Dan Pascu <dan@services.iiruc.ro> wrote:
> <snip>
>> btw, why is appicon movement needed under program control (not user
>> control)?
>
> Why shouldn't the application have control?   My loginpanel.app uses this to

I don't know. This is why I asked. For me appicons moving on screen as
they like without me asking for this may make a nice screensaver but
nothing more.

> hide the icon since you don't want to see it on the bottom of the screen when
> you log in.

You have a point here, but moving it out of the screen is not the only
solution (another one is to have a call that will ask not to create an
appicon for your application, as long as you don't need one).
With just moving it out of sight, it may come back later with an
autoarrange icon operation.

--
Dan