Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:14:28 +0000

On Tuesday, February 6, 2001, at 11:39 AM, Philippe Roussel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > It might be a good idea to build everything with the ffcall library ...
> thus avoiding
> > potential problems with the compiler.
>
> I'm trying to use GNUstep on ix86-linux and I haven't succeded to make
> gnustep-base use ffcall. The library compils without problem but configure
> fails to find it. Where should ffcall go (I tried different locations, in
> gnustep directories, in /usr/lib etc...), what is ffi.h ? Or maybe ffcall
> shouldn't be use on ix86-linux ?
>
> Any help appreciated.

The configure script should find ffcall in the standard locations ... /usr/lib
/usr/include ... if it's not using it automatically then the problem is most
likely
that you forgot to install a version of the objc runtime that supports it.

Probably you need to get the package from -
ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/libs/libobjc-0.9.0.tar.gz

If you build and install that (it should go in the /usr/GNUstep area) then
the configure program should detect that it supports ffcall, and try to use
the ffcall library.