Re: Misc. comments

From: Malmberg
Subject: Re: Misc. comments
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:16 +0100

I've subscribed to the list, so you don't need to cc.

> > (tell me if you have any preferred diff format):
>
> diff -u

OK, I'll use that in the future.

[snip]
> I'd really like to remove the hack which reduces the real coordinates to
> integers in NSClipView - but if you try removing the code/hack, and then
> try scrolling a table view or a text view, you see it gets immediately
> terrible.  If you have patches or fixes, they are welcome of course.

As far as I can tell, separating scroll-coordinates and
rendering-coordinates should solve the problems (no drifting, and
copying for performance still works). I'll see what I can do about it.

> If you are talking - instead - about the rubbish which is drawn sometimes
> in scrollviews - like when you scroll a textview, then I think I fixed it
> yesterday and it's a completely unrelated matter - I will commit the fix
> to CVS as soon as CVS is working again.

No, I haven't seen that one.

- Alexander Malmberg