Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:42:59 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> Use the deep structure, but add top-level symbolic links to the most
> recently built version of any software - that way, you would have a
> shortcut to whatever you are working on ...
> In the source directory, obj would be a symbolic link to the directory
> containing the most recently compiled .o files, and there would be a
> symbolic link to each executable built.

IMHO this is a very nice idea. The only problem I can see is, that on
MacOSX/NeXTstep gstep-make puts the executable at the root.

> The downside of this of course is that it wouldn't work on windoze.

Well, at least in Cygwin it would. Currently you need Cygwin anyway
during the development since AFAIK gstep-make breaks the mingw32
make.exe.

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com