Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager

From: ]d
Subject: Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 05:00:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

> - Compile time options vs. runtime options... I don't know what would
be required to change that, it would be interesting to hear that from an
experienced WM developer. Anyway, if the WM developers are interested in
doing it, it would be perfect, if not, I don't see how we could do it w/o
splitting the code base.

wmaker --help
 --no-dock              do not open the application Dock
 --no-clip              do not open the workspace Clip

> - Global menu changes should be a top priority. IMHO WM should not have
its own global menu. This is not the NEXTSTEP way to do things, instead
every app should have exactly one menu and only the active app's menu
should be visible. I don't know how this can be handled in WM. Of course
non-GS apps should then get a 'default global ' menu or sth like that,
perhaps served by the window manager or GWorkspace itself?

WPrefs.app -> Mouse Preferences -> Workspace Mouse Actions ->
[V] Disable mouse actions

]d