Re: Idea

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Idea
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:34:42 +0100

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001, Dennis Leeuw wrote:
> Hi Adam, and the rest,
> Let's do some marketing
> Let's do some brand awareness

I agree!

> What might be an idea to get more exposure for GNUstep is a shorter
> release cicle. Let's create some steps betweem 0.7.0, 0.7.5 and 0.8.0
> for marketing reasons only.

Well, I don't know.... (but perhaps I am too much developer...grin). For me,
version numbers indicate technical progress. You can't just make more versions
w/o implementing new/important features.

On the other hand, 'release often' is not bad. Perhaps a different snapshot
approach would be nice - like the weekly snapshots we had in earlier days?!

IMHO we should have just more apps - *this* would attract people!

> This way people see more GNUstep on those sites and get the feeling
> GNUstep is more alive, more vivid.
> That might attracked more people.

This is important! Thus GNUstep.net should really get a facelift and more
activity (well, that's my optinion...grin). Perhaps sb knows a graphician who
would like to volunteer? Maybe sb knows folks who would like to write articles
etc.?

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~robert/

Research Group on Computational Geometry and Graphics
Institute of Computer Science and Appl. Mathematics (IAM), Office 208
Neubrueckstrasse 10, CH-3012 Bern Switzerland, phone: +41 31 6314902