Including objc in gcc-2.95-2

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Including objc in gcc-2.95-2
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:01:20 +0100

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a new version of LastStep (a GNUstep
based Linux distro) with glibc-2.2 and kernel 2.4.0-test10, so far so
good.
Now I am working on a GNUstep friendly gcc-2.95.2. It is already patched
for use with glibc-2.2, but I would like to include a correct objc.

Should I use a gcc snapshot or is there a simple way of including the
libobjc-20000714 from the GNUstep site into gcc?
Can I e.g. remove the gcc-2.95.2 libobjc dir and untar libobjc from the
GNUstep site in its place?

I don't have any idea about how objc and the compiler work together and
how the runtime relates to the compiler so any input is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks and greetings,

Dennis Leeuw