Re: problem with NSConnection and NSThread

From: Rene Cornils
Subject: Re: problem with NSConnection and NSThread
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:49:57 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 richard@brainstorm.co.uk wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 7, 2000, at 01:51 PM, cornils@mail.desy.de wrote:
>
> > I'm having problems in using remote objects (via NSConnection) from
> > within newly created threads (NSThread).
> > [...]
>
> [...]
> my understanding is/was that connections are basically per-thread
> entities
> [...]

Thank you very mouch, exactly that was my fault! Should have read the docs
more carefully. Sending enableMultipleThreads to the connection object
fixes this (as described in the docs).

But I've run into other problems with DO which I hadn't with the old DO
system in 0.6.5. Maybe I'll need your help again...

Thanks again
Rene