I am a newbie ;-) to GNUstep

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: I am a newbie ;-) to GNUstep
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:24:50 +0200

I tried gstep-core-0.6.6 last weekend and I am impressed
about how far GNUstep already is.

While playing a little with gworkspace-0.1.2 I noticed a few
glitches.
For example transparent images did not work.
I tracked this down to two points:

1.  I needed a default setting, something like `GraphicCompositing'
2.  The implementation of XGBitmap.m did not handle my colordepth of 16bits
        to well.

I fixed the XGBitmap code in order to handle, as far as I can see, all color
depths correctly.

Now I have a few questions:

1.  Is this already fixed in the current CVS version.
2.  If not, is this tiny fix appreciated and to whom do I sent it?
3.  What is the correct forum to discuss these little implementation things.
4.  I would like to contribute, but
        a.  I am a newbie to GNUStep
                (an Openstep 4.2 developer for somewhat over a year)
        b.  I do not have significant time on my hands,
                but I am happy to clean up some code and provide some
                minor fixes to user apps and the core libraries.

Greetings and keep up the good work.

Wim Oudshoorn.

P.S.: I apologize if this is not the correct forum and hope
        that someone will educate me on the proper use of these
        mailing lists.