Re: [Discuss-gnustep] GNUstep should remain independent of any window ma

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] GNUstep should remain independent of any window manager.
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:58:26 -0400

Sorry, wasn't clear.  I meant visually.  The original X idea, was to have
applications do dock-like functions, but KDE/GNOME/WM/ETC. have begun to really
alter that.  Heck even the menuing system in a WM, without connection to the
Application is kind of wierd, and represents a slight paradigm difference
between X and Cocoa/OpenStep, in my view.  It's not a big problem, but simply
requires a partioning decision.  I personally think that a good bridge between
the two is best, allowing the actual rendering of the menu to be in Window
Manager land, but allowing the actual implementation of menu logic and events
to be handled in the application framework.

Just a thought.

christian.