Re: [Discuss-gnustep] Re: Announce: GWorkspace.app

From: Stephen G. Walizer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnustep] Re: Announce: GWorkspace.app
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:31:43 -0400

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Adam Fedor wrote:
> NINJA wrote:
<snip>

> > I think app icon management code in xgps could be made as two version;
> > one for WM and the other for general other window manager. Can this be
> > done?
> >

> A while ago, Alfredo posted an example of how WM could manage GNUstep
> app icons. If anyone would like to help integrating this into GNUstep, I
> can provide a pointer and some help.

unless there is going to be a way to detect WM and use the integration, and then
use another method if WM isn't present this, IMHO, is a horrible idea... being
directly tied to any one window manager is a bad thing, it drastically limits a
user's freedom... being more or less tied to kwm is about the only thing I
dislike about KDE...

just my 2 cents...

--
.. stephen.g.walizer .. http://technomancer.cjb.net ..