Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC Participation

From: Rachuri Sri Pramodh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC Participation
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 00:40:29 +0530

Hi Martin,
I would like to spawn into an OOT rather than making a merge.

I have mailed the draft for my proposal with another subject "Module for MAC layer development | GSOC'19 Proposal"
The following is the link to the page for my mail in Mail Archive
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg68199.html

I have addressed the predicted problem raised by Marcus in my proposal. I am attaching the proposal draft in this email also for your convenience. And yes, it is still a draft and I might need to edit it as per the GSoC Wiki Page. This draft is to mainly float my idea among the community.

I would like to request you to kindly excuse me for my delayed replies.

Regards
Rachuri Sri Pramodh
B. Tech (Hons) 3rd Year
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
IIT Bhilai

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:23 PM Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 12:43:52AM +0530, Rachuri Sri Pramodh wrote:
>    Hi GNU Radio Community!
>    I am a pre-final year student in Dept of EECS at IIT Bhilai.
>    We were thought about how to use SDRs using GNU Radio during one of our
>    lab courses and also made a small python-code block as an assignment. It
>    was then when I got the idea of making a block for a Datalink layer
>    implementation.
>    The block would have options to configure Framing, MAC, Addressing, Flow
>    and Error control. If this block is properly implemented, one should be
>    able to develop a small wireless network of multiple SDRs. This block will
>    help students who study Wireless Networks in experimenting and applying
>    various MAC models and even make some of their own.
>    Later, when I saw GNU Radio among the list of GSoC's participating
>    companies, I got really excited and wrote this mail. Please let me know
>    your thoughts on this proposal for my GSoC's entry.
>    I wrote a very brief description of my proposal here and I am ready to
>    submit a very detailed proposal soon if asked for.

Rachuri,

I'll echo everything that Marcus said, and add some more flavour: Most
importantly, you'd need to point out how your project fits into the rest
of GNU Radio. Do you want to spawn an OOT, or merge into the tree? In
the latter case, it's important you understand which blocks already
exist in GNU Radio, and how you want to use or extend them.

-- M