Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Introduction and GNU Radio Project discussi

From: Andrej Rode
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Introduction and GNU Radio Project discussion
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:16:43 +0100

Hi all,

I have some remarks regarding the current state of the filter design
tool.

> First step would thus be to polish the tool and clean it up, modernize
> it. I'm not sure about its state w.r.t. no longer using pyqwt. Maybe
> that's a place to start.

Recently Edward Kigwana worked on porting the filter design tool from
PyQwt to PyQtGraph. Unfortunately he wasn't able to finish up porting
everything over, so now the filter design tool is half done.

The results (in one squashed commit, rebased on GNU Radio master) can
be found here [0].
Despite the lacking features the plotting and filter tap generation are
still working. I will submit the current progress as pull request and
maybe we can even merge it so you have a good starting point.

I have no objections if you want to redo the PyQwt to PyQtGraph porting
yourself. But since there has been some work in progress I want to make
sure y'all to know about it.

Cheers
Andrej

[0] https://github.com/noc0lour/gnuradio/tree/pyqtgraph_squash