Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Internship

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Internship
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:17:13 +0000

Hi Rajpreet,

though it shares many characteristics of one, GSoC is not an
internship.
I'd recommend reading our GSoC Student info page[1] and the Google
Summer of Code FAQ [2]:

> > Is GSoC considered an internship, a job, or any form of employment?
> No. GSoC is an activity that the student performs as an independent
> developer for which they are paid a stipend.

We're expecting you to go through the list of ideas, pick one that
truly interests you and is within your realm of abilities to achieve
within the timeline, and deliver self-defined milestones that you
formulate in a proposal – in that sense, GSoC is really more like
applying for a project grant than an internship.
If you get accepted with your proposal for GSoC, your mentor will very
gladly guide you on a professional level – but you'll definitely be
more than an intern to a company. We're expecting a pretty high level
of independence from you!

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCStudentInfo