Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio on the Raspberry Pi

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio on the Raspberry Pi
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 18:54:41 -0500

On 03/04/2019 06:47 PM, Glen I Langston wrote:
Hello

We’re using several Raspberry Pi 3B + computers mounted inside weather proof boxes with amplifiers
to run Radio Telescopes.   The Pi 3B+ can almost keep up with 6 MHz bandwidth (12 MHz samples).
An odroid XU4 can keep up with all samples at 6 MHz bandwidth.

We’ve the PI3B+with The RTLSDR (3MHz) dongle, Airspy Mini (6 MHz) and the
PlutoSdr 4 to 50 MHz.  The maximum sustained data rate with the PlutoSdr
is a little over 4 MHz Bandwidth, without significant data loss.

We like the Power over Ethernet feature of the 3B+ and increase cpu speed compared to the Pi 3 A+.

These are running the full Ubuntu 18.04 pretty well.
I'm currently running a full-up Ubuntu distro (with GUI) on an Odroid C1+ with GnuRadio+Friends.
  I run the system off a sdCard, and store data on a USB stick.

It's running a pair of RTLSDRs at 300kSps doing a fair amount of "stuff".

The XU4 is awesome, and I use it for running a simple interferometer with two channels at 14Msps per channel.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Odroid N2, which will have roughly double the performance of the XU4, and includes
  more features, and an integrated "rather serious" heatsink.

The code we’re running is available on GitHub:

git clone http://www.github.com/WVURAIL/gr-radio_astro

Best regards

Glen