Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU RADIO on Ubuntu Server

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU RADIO on Ubuntu Server
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 14:03:21 +0000

Hi Mehtap,

yeah, Ubuntu is probably as far as it gets from an embedded operating
system ;) Ubuntu Server is only marginally better.

So, the usual way forward here would be to build your own slim Linux
Distro using OpenEmbedded that works on your board (and only on that,
containing only the drivers for hardware you actually have), and
building an eMMC image that contains GNU Radio (and only as much GNU
Radio as you need; so, no GRC, no gr-qtgui, hence no GTK, QT, …). I'd
expect that to easily fit in 4 GB.

Best regards,
Marcus