[Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit BPSK symbols from OOT block using memcpy

From: Laura Arjona
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit BPSK symbols from OOT block using memcpy
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:53:05 -0800

Hello,

I want to transmit a bit-stream with an usrp_sink, using BPSK modulation.
I have an OOT block in C++ (let's name it tx_bpsk_impl.cc) , where I want to define the symbol vector for bit_0 and bit_1, and pass those symbols
to the uhd_sink.

I have the system already implemented for transmitting ASK-FM0 symbols (also 1 bit per symbol), and
I am confused about adapting my system to use BPSK modulation.

Overall, I would like to do the following (this is a simplified implementation:

 if( bit_stream[i]  == 1)
      memcpy(&out[written], &data_bpsk1[0], sizeof(float) * data_bpsk1.size() );
     written +=data_bpsk1.size()
else
   memcpy(&out[written], &data_bpsk0[0], sizeof(float) * data_bpsk0.size() );
    written +=data_bpsk0.size()
end

I am not sure about how to generate the vectors data_bpsk1 and data_bpsk0

I have been reading many documentation already, so any advice/guidance about
the generation of the bit0 and bit1 symbols would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Laura Arjona
Washington Research Foundation Innovation Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroengineering

Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering
185 E Stevens Way NE
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2350