Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different M

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different Modulations Issue
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 21:41:46 -0800

On 1/21/19 3:47 PM, Luis Felipe Albarracin Sanchez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am exploring  the BER measurements in GNU Radio for different
> modulations (I know Error Rate is deprecated) but i tried the example
> under the digital folder for BER measurement and I understood all the
> flowgraph.
>
> After this i wanted to change the modulation in the QT GUI so i added a
> QT Gui Chooser as seen in the flowgraph below:
>
> Captura de pantalla de 2019-01-21 18-37-34.png
>

> Attached is the flowgraph for reference.
>
> When i add this i expected that the Constellation would change
> accordingly, but it does not  when i choose a different constellation
> with the chooser, for instance if the default value in the chooser is
> QPSK it shows at the beginning:
>
> Captura de pantalla de 2019-01-21 18-44-25.png
>
> But  If i switch in the same running time to 8-PSKn it shows:

Everything - I mean everything - was configured with 8PSK constellation
data- and incorrectly - even the random number generator!

I'm surprise you could see anything!

Enclosed is the proper way to create a QPSK constellation.

Work through the tutorials at

  https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Tutorials

-- Cinaed