Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT how to write my own custom header format

From: Alban Meffre
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OOT how to write my own custom header format
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:27:24 +0100

hi

i solved the previous error i forgot to overload a method
the nm -C -u gave my an unknown symbol so i could see the problem

now i have another error
grc is happy with my header_format instance but when i launch i get a
runtime error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/alban/gnuradio/top_block.py", line 124, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/alban/gnuradio/top_block.py", line 112, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "/home/alban/gnuradio/top_block.py", line 74, in __init__
    self.digital_protocol_formatter_async_0 =
digital.protocol_formatter_async(hdr_format)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital/digital_swig2.py",
line 1242, in make
    return _digital_swig2.protocol_formatter_async_make(format)
TypeError: in method 'protocol_formatter_async_make', argument 1 of
type 'gr::digital::header_format_base::sptr const &'

i don't understand
i my class déclaration i expect a std::string as a parameter of the constructor

    class F4GSW_API header_format_cc1101
        : public digital::header_format_base
    {
    public:
      header_format_cc1101(const std::string &access_code, int
threshold,int bps);
      ~header_format_cc1101();

why python throws me this error ?

--