[Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project

From: NAVES Raphael
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:27:00 +0100

Dear GNURadio users,

Most of the time, when working on my own GNURadio project, I need to add some minor modifications on already existing GNURadio blocks (add a function in the c++/python file for instance or add a new parameter in the xml file). Since I do not want to modify the original code, what I do is to create a new block in my own project using the gr_modtool. Then I copy/paste the code from original files (c++, xml, ...) replacing all the function names, with the appropriate imports. Finally, I add my own modifications.

The copy/paste phase may be really boring especially when blocks depend on other blocks.

So, my question is: Does it exists a tool (like gr_modtool) to clone an already existing block and the corresponding source code? Otherwise, I would appreciate to have a command like $clone original_block_name new_block_name$ which would duplicate the original_block_name code into the new_block_name, with all the appropriate function names and imports.

Best,

NAVES Raphaƫl