Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] Remove log4cpp

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GREP] Remove log4cpp
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 19:39:44 -0500

I'll second what Jared wrote, and add the following: I'd like -any- logging GR uses to provide protected printing, such that logged messages do not interleave. [Obviously, unlogged messages might interleave / intermix; all depends on the actual printing interface.] Trying to parse such interleaved messages is a total PITA. I've personally gone so far as to implement a mutex interface via SWIG from C++ to Python, to allow logged messages in both to not interleave. Ideally, all of stdout and stderr would be redirected to the logging interface, regardless of language source. Log4Cpp provides the printing blocking (non-interleaving) functionality, though it doesn't coerce both C++ and Python into the same printing interface (at least in my testing). - MLD