[Discuss-gnuradio] Packet decoder does not output the last packet

From: Williams, Diane
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet decoder does not output the last packet
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 17:44:02 +0000

In a very gnuradio simple simulation, flowgraph shown in attached image simple_udp_simulation, all packets sent to the UDP source are received by the UDP sink and sent out to a connected UDP socket server program.

When adding the other processing blocks to the simulation, attached image udp_packet_encoder_gmsk_simulation, the last packet is received by the UDP source, but not by the UDP sink. That last packet never is output by the packet decoder. If I send one extra packet through, a dummy packet of the same length, then I get my last valid packet. I can do this and handle it in post-processing, if needed, when later that dummy packet, flows through, but I would appreciate knowing why the packet decoder hangs onto the last packet.

I see the packet encoder/decoder deprecation warnings, but have not yet found a working example for other means of encoding and decoding.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 gnuradio packages 3.7.11

Thank you.

Diane Williams
Senior Professional Research Assistant, Electrical Engineering
University of Colorado Denver