Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio.sh and Linux Mint 19

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio.sh and Linux Mint 19
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 10:59:54 -0400

Hi Marcus --

I did as James Humphries suggested and added "|*19*" to the line where *18* is. I'm running the script now.

In the "Checking for package..." section I got these two messages:

Failed to find package 'libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev' in known package repositories SOME THINGS MAY NOT BUILD AS A RESULT

Failed to find package 'libzmq-dev' in known package repositories
SOME THINGS MAY NOT BUILD AS A RESULT

I seem to recall that the libzmq-dev warning has been present for a while, and isn't an issue. I don't recall seeing the warning about libqwtplot3d before, but Googling the package name turns up a couple of hints that maybe it was removed from the amd64 version of Ubuntu Bionic (18.04), which Linux Mint 19 is based upon. Maybe qt4 has been deprecated for qt5 in that version? My debian-fu isn't enough to make sense of it all.

The script is still building UHD. I'll report back whether it successfully finishes.

John