Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation to compute BER of a Modulator/Demodula

From: Christian BusquielSanz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation to compute BER of a Modulator/Demodulator Encoding/Decoding system
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 16:46:01 +1300

> I have no idea what the KISS to PDU is doing.

I expected it to be a convert from Integer 8 to Async Message

> Check the README - it said somewhere about 3.7.11 and 3.7.12 - since I'm
> using 3.7.13 I ignored it.

I managed to finally install Version 3.7.13.4

> First, you shouldn't have 2 versions of gnuradio installed at the same
> time. You will have problems.

Now I only have GNU Radio version 3.7.13.4

> Which OS and what version are you running?

Ubuntu 18.04 inside a Oracle VM VirtualBox

> Second, I don't think you need to upgrade.
>
> The error message with "233-32" in it suggests your packet length is to
> large for RS(223,255).

I will work on that now

> If you didn't uninstall the previous version of gnuradio, you need to
> back out of the version you're currently installing.

I have done that (Or at least, I think I managed to uninstall it completely)
And now it workds

> Type
>
>   echo $PYTHONPATH
>   echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> to see the values and compare the values to the installation in question.

I finally installed the latest version building it from the source
The last command I needed was
sudo ldconfig

After that, the error of $PYTHONPATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH did not show
up and the GNU Radio Companion launched

Again, thank you for your Time and your support

--

Christian SĂȘngir     Busquiel Sanz