[Discuss-gnuradio] Kindly clarify this issue in GNUradio

From: Christopher Clement J
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Kindly clarify this issue in GNUradio
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:55:59 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to modify "USRP_Spectrum_Sense.py", in way that I can display the
received signal's spectrum using "fftsink2.fft_sink_c" present in
"gnuradio.wxgui". I have put top block stuffs in the below class that inherits
stdgui2.std_top_block instead of inheriting "gr.top_block".

class my_top_block(stdgui2.std_top_block):
        def __init__(self,frame,panel,vbox,argv):
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                main_loop(self);       (Here I call main loop with self as an
instance)

I did not change anything within main_loop(). It goes as usual as below..

def main_loop(tb):

    def bin_freq(i_bin, center_freq):
        #hz_per_bin = tb.usrp_rate / tb.fft_size
        freq = center_freq - (tb.usrp_rate / 2) + (tb.channel_bandwidth * i_bin)
        #print "freq original:",freq
        #freq = nearest_freq(freq, tb.channel_bandwidth)
        #print "freq rounded:",freq
        return freq
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .
                  .

and calling of the "__init__()" function of the class my_top_block() is
happening in the below code.

if __name__ == '__main__':
    t = ThreadClass()
    t.start()
    app = stdgui2.stdapp(my_top_block,"USRP Spectrum Sensing")
    try:
        app.MainLoop()
    except KeyboardInterrupt:
        pass

When I run it, execution gets hanged.

I tried debugging line by line, I guess the execution stops at "parse_msg()"
function call. What is the issue? Can I inherit "sdtgui2.std_top_block"? and,
what is the way to display spectrum, while sensing goes on? Could somebody,
please help me in this regard?

Also, I see a warning as below

""Warning: this may have issues on some machines+Python version combinations to
seg fault due to the callback in bin_statitics.\n\n""

In which machine and python version, the above mentioned seg fault will arise?
My machine runs some time, and does  not run sometime.

Regards
Chris Clement

VIT – Ranked No.13 in Engineering Institution by MHRD, Govt. of India – NIRF
Ranking consecutively for two years, 2016 and 2017.
VIT – Ranked No.17 in Management Institution by MHRD, Govt. of India – NIRF
Ranking consecutively for two years, 2016 and 2017.
VIT is the first University in India to get 4-STAR rating from QS, the
international ranking agency.
VIT has been adjudged as the “University of the year 2016” by the corporate
body FICCI.

Google the OOT module that might help you.