[Discuss-gnuradio] Custom QT GUI block

From: Andrew Smit
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Custom QT GUI block
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:38:13 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to build a custom QT GUI block that will allow the user to open up a file browser in the QT GUI. I would like to be able to open up a file browser window, select a file, and store the path in a variable all from the GUI window. I have been trying to find an example of how to build a custom QT GUI block, but have been unsuccessful. I have looked through the Guided Tutorial GNU Radio in Python document, and it covers how to build custom blocks using the gr_modtool, but it doesn’t talk about how to build QT GUI blocks specifically. Ideally, I would like to build the block in Python. I am not very familiar with PyQT, but I know it has the ability to create a file browser. Are there any examples out there of how to build a custom Python QT GUI block? I think I could piece it together if I had a good example, but I haven’t seen anything out there. If you could point me to an example, I would really appreciate it. If not, I could use some help figuring out how to build a basic QT GUI block that I can work off of.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Andrew

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, use or distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete this message and any attachments.