Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Non-deterministic behavior in GNU Radio

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Non-deterministic behavior in GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 06:42:14 -0700

Well, I guess it's not really a bug. Most likely it has to do with the accuracy difference between the x86 intrinsics and the C library. If you look at the code in volk_32fc_x2_divide_32fc.h, the remaining points that are not a multiple of four are calculated with the C library. If the points from one run that are calculated with the C library line up with points calculated with intrinsics in the next run, there can be a mismatch.

Ron