Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] re-initialize multi usrp object

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] re-initialize multi usrp object
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 23:42:33 +0200

Hi Sanjoy,

> ubuntu 14.04

That is ancient, and Ubuntu's LTS isn't worth the "S" they have in its
name. Don't do this to yourself. Update to the recent LTS release,
18.04.

This is really more of a general UHD question than specific to GNU
Radio – you'll probably be better off discussing this on usrp-users (in
CC:, you need to sign up for that).

> If I use reset command, it gives error on the runtime.

Without you telling us what that error exactly is, it's going to be
hard to help you. Can you point me towards where you've found the
"reset command"?

Anyway, the multi_usrp class doesn't have a 'reset' method, but the
shared pointer does. Not quite sure what you want to achieve, so I'm
afraid that you'll have to tell us

* what exactly your code is supposed to do
* what it exactly does (and the error)
* how those differ, and optimally
* a minimal full example that someone could compile and investigate.

The last step seems to be optional, but honestly, it's usually the most
helpful one, for yourself, because it requires you to think about what
exactly you need to do to trigger the unexpected behaviour and thus
gives you the ability to investigate yourself.

Best regards,

Marcus