Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::usb_error: RuntimeError: USBError -9: usb tx

From: George Rykowski
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::usb_error: RuntimeError: USBError -9: usb tx2 submit failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:13:10 -0500

Michael, thank you for the response. I’ve discovered the issue and it is the USB-C adapter I was using for the USB connection to the USRP B210. The MacBook Pro 2018 provides 4 USB-C ports, so adapters are generally required. I was using the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BGTV9J4/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Even though it uses 2 USB-C ports to provide power and connectivity, for some reason the adapter would occasionally force an I/O error on the USB interface. I am now using the following Apple adapter, which has worked flawlessly:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter