[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC18] Final evaluations are over!

From: Wunsch, Felix (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC18] Final evaluations are over!
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:06:03 +0000

Hi all,

GSoC is over and it's time to summarize what has happened over the summer! The most important part first: Both students passed the final evaluations! Congratulations, Swapnil and Luca!

I think I can speak for the other mentors, too, when I say that they didn't just pass, but really exceeded our expectations! We enjoyed the mentoring, hopefully as much as they enjoyed the coding. Swapnil has greatly refactored and enhanced gr-modtool, which will benefit so many developers in the GNU Radio community in their day-to-day work. Luca has added state-of-the-art MIMO techniques to the code base, helping GNU Radio to stay a modern and up-to-date framework for the rapid prototyping and implementation of today's (and tomorrow's) waveforms.

If you want to get more information about the details of the projects, you can read Swapnil's and Luca's blogs [0], [1]. Swapnil will also attend the GNU Radio conference in Henderson this September and give a talk about his work. So if you're there and use gr-modtool, make sure to talk to him!

Finally, I also want to thank all the people involved in this year's GSoC, especially the other mentors (Marcus, Sebastian, and Nicolas) and Martin (who assisted me with his experience as org admin from past years), but also all the other people who were involved with creating project ideas, reviewing proposals and everything else I might not think of right now.

Swapnil and Luca, you both have made considerable contributions to bring the GNU Radio project forward and I really hope you enjoyed the experience and will stay around our community for a long time!

Cheers,

Felix (GSoC 2018 Org Admin)

[0] https://grmodtool.wordpress.com/

[1] https://mimognuradio.wordpress.com/