[Discuss-gnuradio] Visualising data with GNURadio

From: Jaco Versfeld
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Visualising data with GNURadio
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 18:07:17 +0200

Good day,

The short story:

I have data sets (quite large) in .wav format.  I want to perform basic signal processing as well as more complex algorithms on blocks of the data and then display the output.  It would be great if one could "scroll" through the data.  Are there any blocks that can do that?

Slightly longer story:

I am busy with passive acoustic monitoring of cetaceans.  Data is collected by hydrophones and stored in .wav files.  These files tend to be very large.  I want to analyse these signals, and view blocks of the data stream.  I successfully created a flowgraph where I filtered the data, and then displayed both the time and frequency domain graphs.  Because of some basic prior work with SDRs, I love the GNURadio environment.   However, if one could view a block of the data at a time and then scroll/proceed to the next block, it would be really great to do post-analysis.

Kind regards,
Jaco