Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU Socket Configuration (was: [USRP-users] PDU S

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU Socket Configuration (was: [USRP-users] PDU Socket Configuration)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 12:39:13 +0200

Hi Steve,

this is really a GNU Radio issue, not a USRP issue – so I'm cross-
posting my reply here and there, and I'd ask you to sign up for the dis
address@hidden mailing list[1] and follow up there.

To make this short:

On Sun, 2018-06-03 at 12:55 +0300, shachar J. brown via USRP-users
wrote:

> 1. Where are the messages stored?

Nowhere – you sent them to a socket.

> 2. How do I access them from a remote pc?

You receive them with a socket.

> 3. What format are the messages kept in?

GNU Radio PDUs are PMTs:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_Programming_Topics#
5.3.1_PDUs

> 4. Does the process keep accummulating messages, or does it write
> over with every tag?

It doesn't accumulate anything!

So, I'm afraid that working with PDU sockets requires basic
understanding of how UDP or TCP sockets work; you'll need that
knowledge, anyway, if you're about to build networked applications, so
I'd recommend reading up on UDP (for example, Wikipedia's article is
pretty OK), and on UDP sockets.

Best regards,
Marcus