Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hello GNURadio from the Amateur Radio World

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hello GNURadio from the Amateur Radio World
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:15:50 -0700

On 05/26/2018 01:19 PM, Will Gilliam wrote:

> Is there anyone that is using raspberry pi's and GNURadio on any sort of
> realtime projects? Is there a better board to use or one that GNURadio
> is going to try to support?

I use an Odroid C2 64bit running Debian/Jessie with 2 Gbytes of RAM with
an optional real time clock and 32 GByte EMMC hard drive.

There's also an optional USB sound card but I use the HDMI sound instead.

I'm using GNURadio 3.7.12.0 with a HackRF at low bandwidths - 2-5 MHz.

Other than the keyboard/mouse, a HackRF is the only other device
connected to the USB.

I got rid of my pi3 - to slow. It uses a microSD card for the hard drive
and memory - which may have been the cause of the random hangs when
using it interactively. Not long hangs but long enough and frequent
enough for it to become extremely annoying to me.

-- Cinaed