[Discuss-gnuradio] Getting gnuradio to compile with zeromq

From: Brad Hein
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting gnuradio to compile with zeromq
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 12:00:54 -0400

I'm unable to get the gnuradio cmake process to recognize that I have zeromq installed. Every time I run cmake it ends up with gr-zeromq disabled. I tried installing zeromq and zeromq-devel version 4 (yum install zeromq zeromq-dev) but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling the default version 4 and installing the zeromq and zeromq-dev version 3 packages, still cmake wouldn't detect zeromq.

OS: CentOS 7.4 with all updates. X86_64 VM.

gnuradio: latest code, master branch. current comit:
* 82d0a6b -(4 weeks ago) gr-newmod: Pylint fixes in python scripts . Swapnil Negi (HEAD, origin/master, origin/HEAD, master)

One thing I noticed is that gnuradio defaults my install prefix to /usr/local (/usr/local/lib64 for example) which leads to me having to set my pythonpath manually... maybe nothing... but I wonder if the cmake process is looking under /usr/local/lib64 for the zeromq libraries instead of /usr/lib64? not sure.

I've done some googling but I'm coming up empty handed in terms of getting gnuradio to compile with zeromq.

I'm on the gnuradio master branch.

-- Configuring gr-zeromq support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1
--   Dependency ENABLE_GNURADIO_RUNTIME = ON
--   Dependency ZEROMQ_FOUND = FALSE
CMake Error at cmake/Modules/GrComponent.cmake:75 (message):
  user force-enabled gr-zeromq but configuration checked failed
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  gr-zeromq/CMakeLists.txt:32 (GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT)

See also "/home/brad/gr/gnuradio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/brad/gr/gnuradio/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Looking through the cmake error log file mentioned above there are strangely no references to zeromq.