Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I miss the TCP server and client blocks!

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I miss the TCP server and client blocks!
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 04:35:37 +0000

Yeah, use the ZeroMQ blocks.

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 12:01 AM Brad Hein <address@hidden> wrote:
Trying to get the socket PDU blocks to send and receive a stream of data is proving to be a significant challenge. I miss the simplicity and reliability of the TCP server and client blocks - they always "just worked" for me. I don't understand why they were deprecated only to leave us with these buggy and difficult to use socket PDU blocks.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just running into one problem after another trying to get two flowgraphs to communicate using the socket PDU blocks (issue IDs 1770,1769,1763,1762).

These new ZeroMQ blocks look cool. Are they a good alternative?