Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue while adding streaming data : Integrating M

From: Sumit Kumar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue while adding streaming data : Integrating MRC in gr-ieee 80211
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:55:38 +0200

Hi Jeff,

Ok Now I did some experiments. I modified the long_sync block where it outputs same items on two ports. I also copied the tags to the other port too.

In this way it works flawlessly. So your indication that the two branches are drifting, seems the correct reason. So how do I solve this ?

I have a solution in my head (based on my understanding... pl correct me).

Following is the current structure where the two LONG_SYNC are working independently from each other. Hence ports C and D wont guarantee same number of nitems_written.

Following is the proposed one where I am thinking to combine the LONG_SYNC of the two branches in a single inside a single general_work. In this way the long_sync block will be forced to produce same number of items on both the ports.

I did a small testing by creating two output ports on existing long_sync block where I just copied the output-1 to output-2. I also copied the tags of one branch to the other.
Then connected output-1 to one branch and output-2 to another branch for further steps of processing and it worked flawlessly.

I monitored nitems_written(0) and nitems_written(1), and they were always same.

Let me know your views on this.