Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fundamental question on Sampling rate

From: Martin K
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fundamental question on Sampling rate
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:20:03 -0400

Unless I'm mistaken the B210 can do 8 bit sample depth, giving you 1 Gbps data rate at 62.5 MS/s. This might help.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 6:11 AM, Derek Kozel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Mehtap,

There will have some filter roll off as well, so the rule of thumb is to have a margin in your sample rates. A safe margin is that your bandwidth of interest be no more than 80% of the theoretical bandwidth of your sample rate, so your recommended rate would be 62.5 MS/s. Helpfully 61.44 MS/s is a common rate due to it being a telecom rate. That's only 1.7% off your target, not a problem. One of the USB3 based SDRs would work in that case, at least as far as sample rate goes.

Regards,
Derek