Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] samp_rate in GNU Radio

From: Carles Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] samp_rate in GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 16:19:05 +0200

Hi,

as far as I know, RTL-based dongles cannot deliver samples at 38.192 MS/s, they are limited to 2.4 MS/s.

Best regards,
Carles

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:14 PM, PRIYANKA PRIYADARSHINI <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your response, I got your point. But I need to know this:

I want to receive a GPS L1 signal (1575.42MHz) and I studied that the local oscillator of RTL-SDR has the intermediate frequency of 3.57MHz-4.57MHz. So when the signal with this IF goes to ADC of SDR, I want my ADC to sample this incoming signal at a sampling rate of 38.192MHz (as per the requirement). But when I try to put this sample rate in RTL-SDR, it starts dropping samples. I want to know that is there anything am I doing wrong OR it is the limitation of my RTL-SDR.

Thank you.