Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question about source code of the "File Source"

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A question about source code of the "File Source" Block
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 06:48:06 -0400

This happens because open() can be executed in a different thread than work(). It also keeps the system call ::open() outside the work() thread, which can help performance a little.

As Marcus mentioned in another thread, a more elegant way of doing things would be to have message-based commands to blocks, instead of functions, for control. Messages are processed in the block thread, so this code could be simplified a little (maybe).