[Discuss-gnuradio] Read output of Packet Decoder, save it into a variabl

From: Marvin Biedermann
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Read output of Packet Decoder, save it into a variable and print (inside generated python file)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 19:28:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am new to Gnuradio and I have a simple protocol of sending a textfile from one usrp to another. My receiver-flowgraph contains a USRP Source, GMSK Demod and Packet Decoder. Finally the output of the Packet Decoder is saved to a textfile with File Sink.

So far, the transmitter sends data of a textfile that only contains a 1 and the receiver stores it in a textfile. That works but this is quiet impractical.

I want to replace the step of saving the data by simply storing the output-data of the Packet Decoder in a variable and print it on the screen. I have extended the generated python-file of my flowgraph with a threadfunction. Inside this function, when the variable (containing the output-data of the Packet Decoder) has a speficif value (in this case a 1), then it triggers an event. If the variable has another value, maybe 2, it triggers another event.

But so far I have no idea how to get the byte-data from the output of the Packet-Decoder and save it to a variable or print in on the console and I did not find anything related to this problem. Could someone help me?

Greetings